This past week in one of my bestest friends in SL had a wedding, well a Celebration of Love. It was a great event with friends, music, dancing and tears of joy. I think it was a beautiful event. I’ll post some pictures later on, I still need to get the photos to the happy couple, so it would be wrong to give you all a look before they got to see them
I had been to a few weddings in world, ones of people I knew and then ones of friends of friends.The one thing that made this one different for me personally is that my friend asked me to take some pictures, to which I said yes of course. I would have anyway, but now I had a mission and a shot list. I have photographed a few wedding in real life, well just enough to know that I don’t really want to do them for a living. Even with that experience, I thought “oh this would be a fun way to give back to them” and happily clicked away during the ceremony and the following reception.
As I was going through the photos, I started thinking about how photographing virtual weddings are in ways similar and also very different. So here’s a little list I made up…
- At a real life wedding, you never have to worry if the couple and guests are fully rezzed in each shot
- At a virtual wedding if you don’t like where the sun is in a shot you can move it, unless the couple have decided on a windlight setting 🙂
- You can get amazing angles without ever leaving your seat or blocking any other persons view at a virtual wedding.
- At either wedding, someone will dance into that amazing candid you were framing up.
- The only crashes you have to worry about in a real life wedding is from drunk party guests.
- The a fore mentioned drunk guest won’t be bumping your camera in a SL wedding.
- Pose balls…might make RL wedding photography easier.
- Forgetting to “/1 hide” the unused pose balls during the first dance
- Two words that make RL wedding photography better…Motor drives!
- and the thing that is absolutely the same in rl and virtual weddings… If you ask me to do shoot your wedding and I say yes… then you are someone special to me
Skin: Gala Acorn— [Light] Sunny-Umbra 1
Hair: TRUTH— Ana – Copper
Hat: LeLutka— AUDREY Hat Black
Glasses: FNKY!— Luna Glasses White
Dress: Musashi-Do— Waving Heart (Night Passion)
Shoes: Maitreya Gold— Esprit-Xtd Noir
Necklace and Earrings: Evangeline— Coal
Bracelet: Zaara— Pallav Clear Bracelet
Cameras: [Lyndz-Matic]— L1 (in development…let me know if you are interested in one and maybe I’ll finally finish them )
Gazebo: custom by Parker McTeague
Location: Sky meadow in Thistle designed by Liz Gealach